About Us - We've Gone Green
Claddagh Ltd. is the green publishing house
- Claddagh Ltd. Publishing House is committed to being an environmentally responsible company. We have taken the following measures to ensure that we do our part for the world around us:
- Claddagh Ltd. Publishing House staff telecommutes.
- Digital warehouse vs. pre-printed books stored in an energy dependant climate-controlled warehouse.
- Direct shipping from our printing facility to the purchaser vs. shipping to the warehouse, then to the retailer, and finally to the consumer.
- Books printed as they are sold vs. overprinting by preprinting thousands of copies per title.
- All of the excess paper, trim paper, cover stock is recycled.
- Additionally, we never use old growth forest paper to produce our books and we source our materials from renewable paper supplies.
- Our greatest ecological impact is that we only produce books to fulfill an existing demand.